The Active Adult dog training classes are small in numbers so you and your dog can get the best from the class. The maximum class size is 4 dogs. This class is for adult dogs over 2 years old and for anyone wanting to reinforce their relationship with their dog and have fun in the process. Ideal for active dogs who may be a bit bored with their day to day lifestyle and owners who are busy bees during the week. This class is an ideal opportunity to spend time with your furry family member and learn a bit more about him/her helping you both to become more connected. The first class is a dog free tutorial. This helps us chat about the theory side of training without you having to worry about what your dog is getting up to. Ideal for people who have an interest in dog training and want to learn more.
The classes will run over 7wks and will cover:
- The importance of how dogs learn, rewards, timings, consistency etc.
- Interactive feeders and interactive toys.
- The importance of play!!! And how to get it right.
- Clicker training. What it is and what it is not!
- Focus and eye contact to build trust and improve your relationship with your dog.
- Producing a strong “sit” & “down”
- Lead Manners
- Controlled greetings/ jumping up etc.
- “It’s not yours!” helping your dog understand when you don’t want him to have something he/she shouldn’t.
- Wait/ Stay, building up to distance.
- Target training basics, lots of fun and useful for further training
- Impulse control around other dogs/distractions etc.
- Mental Stimulation Games for clever canines. Find it?
- Training Tricks…….Why Bother?
All the teachings will be taught using positive reinforcement and in a force free and calm manner. The emotional wellbeing of your dog is of the uppermost importance. If I feel a dog is too overwhelmed by the class situation, then I will advise 1 to 1 training until their confidence is ready to learn in a class environment. I will of course discuss, you and your dogs requirements beforehand to ensure the class environment is suitable for your dog.
This class is not suitable for fear reactive dogs! If you think your dog is fear reactive please have a chat with me about desensitisation, counter conditioning and confidence building. Fear reactivity is better helped by doing one to one classes with you and your dog.
The classes cost £12 each but need to be paid in a block of 7 which is £84. This is to ensure your place is secure and enable me to pay for the venue in advance. Please send a cheque payable to A. PHILLIPS to 6 Ulverston Road. Lindal In Furness. LA12 0LP. Alternatively, you can transfer to 11-88-47 00060569. Please use your full name as a reference.
When I receive payment your place will be secured. I will then send out confirmation and further information, registration form and a questionnaire.